“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Best one of these I've seen yet

From DaddyBear - I'll be saving this for the future. Click for the whole thing.

Rules for Dating Girlie Bear

OK, I know it's a worn out meme, and others have done it before and probably better than I can. But Girlie Bear has another dance at school Monday night, and I'm almost certain there will be boys there. So I thought I'd codify the rules for being my daughter's date so that there can be no confusion:

  1. My name is Sir or Mr. Bear. You will not call me by my first name, my last name without the Mr., or any other way of addressing me. I'm also not a pronoun. You may, on occasion, when speaking to my daughter, use the term "your father" to reference me.

5 comments:

DaddyBear said...

Thanks!

Unknown said...

That was good! Did you see that "Anonymous" comment?

Captain Tightpants said...

Yes I did... the same as I don't feed some of my visitors, ya know?

Dori said...

Given the wee girlie's temperament and personality I'd like to add: I'll turn my back so I can honestly say, "Officer, I didn't see a thing" when she goes off on the boy that attempts to harm her. And then wipe the scene clean.

Phelps said...

I'm cool with all of that, both as an adult and from when I was that age.

Just got a new niece a few weeks ago, and there is already a spoken, affirmative plan in the family to make sure that she is a self-rescuing princess -- but that doesn't mean she won't get help from her uncle.