“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Monday, March 29, 2010

a few bits

- Long call-out last night for a device - we're still working on some ID issues, but it sure did make a nice BOOM when we got rid of it. Seems a great many of my calls lately are for old military stuff popping up...

- Along with very little sleep I had to suffer today through one of those training sessions that could have been done in an hour, but take all day. They're trying to move us away from paper reports now that it's 2010 and all, but they taught the class at the level of your average mollusk.

- Apparently the masses I attend school with didn't bring their backbones or free thought - at least based on willingness to debate subjects. When I responded to the discussion group with a statement to the effect of "If you accept 100% of what your are told by the world around you as gospel than you are a fool," then proceeded to back my points up with facts, logic etc. a deathly silence fell across the board... Hopefully someone at least responds soon - the whole point is learning and sharing ideas after all.

- The youngest has another doctor's appointment early tomorrow to hopefully figure out what's wrong with her. Positive thoughts would be appreciated.

1 comment:

Dori said...

"What's wrong with her"...other than having two weirdos for parents, you mean?