“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thank you

Today is Veteran's Day.

I have no pithy post today, no great stories I'm going to share.

and I did my honors to those we lost on Memorial Day.

Today I just want to say thank you to the living - to every veteran out there, whether I served with you or not. People from the cooks and the mechanics, all the way up to the flag officers.

Those who did a few years for the college money and honorably moved on.

Those who are serving still, until they day they get forced to retire.

and those who survived but lost part of themselves physically or psychologically, which we can never repay.

Thank you for being men and women brave and selfless enough to put something bigger before their own needs, and to give that part of your life in service to this country.

We will always be grateful.

1 comment:

Home on the Range said...

Simple and powerful words.

Thank you.