“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Friday, March 14, 2008

Ooops

realized tonight that it had been a full week since I'd posted anything... mostly just due to being brain dead the past several days, and playing catch up with everything. But since Lovely Bride has found the time to post stuff even with being sick & exhausted, the least I can do is the same.

The work week ended up ok - nothing super amazing... just the normal idiots and drunks. My partner got to see the fun of breaking in a car window legally, yanking the drunk out & dealing with things from there.... he's shaping up better than the start, and I think he's got the potential to be a decent cop if he chooses to apply himself.

We also had one of those "same planet, different worlds" talks with a guy we busted... which ran along the lines of:
"But it's not like I had any drugs on me!"
"What do you mean? You had weed right in the ashtray."
"Yeah, I know - not like it was any drugs."

Seriously, I couldn't make this stuff up...

In toy news, the M4gery upper finally made its way home this week... got things put together & the Duracoat applied - need to touch up some bits where the degreaser missed a spot or two, but overall happy. Now just need the Aimpoint when my connection comes through & it will be ready to go. Hoping to get it to the range tomorrow to function check & sight in, then it should be set for any needs.

K that's enough of boring and bland from me...

No comments: