“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

My fault

OK I can't exactly gripe at people for not reading when I'm not posting - so I hope you all will forgive me...

The Lovely Wife has been sick the past week, getting worse than she was unfortunately :( making it more complicated has been the fact that my work schedule continues to be slightly full, so she is stuck with both the kids the majority of the day when they are in full madness mode... so tonight she took some NyQuil and will hopefully get a full night's rest while I help with Kyleigh whenever she wakes up for the late feeding. Not a perfect fix, but hopefully it helps for one night.

My latest partner got his release for solo duty today - I know he's been looking forward to it. Like I told him after congratulating him, now begins the REAL learning - take everything he picked up in the past year & he's going to at least double it in the next six months, putting everything into practice on his own, sometimes without that chance to ask someone first if it's the right thing.

Along with that I spoke with our Sergeant who runs the whole FTO program about some training ideas I have - a number of our newer field training officers are relatively inexperienced unfortunately, and kind of over their head. I won't go into the pros or cons of how that has happened, simply that I think it's something we can fix & I hope my little bit of input helps. It's a tremendous responsibility to train someone in this job and send them out with your life in their hands, and I take it kind of seriously for that reason.

No good arrest stories or anything this go around, sorry. Also no good recreational tales, as we're just working to get by right now. Hopefully I'll have better soon...

No comments: