“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Sunday, March 30, 2008

just rambling

These four-day breaks are nice... even with being sick for a chunk of it, and my wife being sick & thus my time somewhat altered I still have had a chance to relax, catch up on school and just generally unwind as needed... definitely a good change for our work routine.

Got to spend some time with each of my wonderful children as well - it still amazes me each and every day that I have been blessed by being their father; getting to watch them grow and change and interact is just incredible.

Poor Jacob seems to have decided that the new stubborn trick is that he doesn't want to take his naps... which not only cuts into a little downtime for everyone, more importantly has him just absolutely tired and done with things by the end of the night... of course he doesn't catch the connection but we're trying to fix this early. Other than that he's had a great week, getting out & playing and having a chance to visit with his god-sister...

Kyleigh is starting to get up on her knees & trying to move - so far she can just scoot backwards, but we can tell crawling isn't too far behind... while it's great to see her progress so fast, once she's self-mobile we'll be trying to keep up with two of them! :O

Got the bike out yesterday for a chance to enjoy the warm weather and ride... poor neglected thing needed a few minutes to clean the winter sitting around out of the engine, but after that was just purring along. One of my resolutions is to take better care of it this summer & to remind myself to enjoy riding more. Lovely wife has started eyeballing replacement bikes as well, and hopefully it won't be too long before she has her own motorcycle again & the chance to enjoy it.

Well, that's the family update for the week...

No comments: