“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Monday, February 20, 2017

Overkill

So, I recently had cause to order some adhesive strips from Amazon, due to an unplanned vehicle replacement.

This isn't a complaint thread - they did great, as always, in price and service.

No, this is an observation on the packaging used:




The order in question is the small bag at bottom.

The packaging is the large box, complete with bubble wrap....

Can't say they didn't protect my purchase!

3 comments:

.45ACP+P said...

Had similar package overkill. You should have seen the package a rifle case came in. 48x 48 x 2 inches. Looked like Amazon delivered a pizza, a very big pizza.

Old NFO said...

Wow... so packing on TOP of the order, nothing underneath...

Glenn B said...

Oaky, someone has to do it so let it be me to complain about that. I am no tree hugger but that is an absolute waste of resources. Imagine how many millions in funds they spew away to send such small items in boxes that big not to mention the waste of the materials. That was ridiculous to say the least.