“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Therapy...

The morning started out with a number of coworkers frustrating me to the "I really shouldn't be around people" point; seeing as I was spending the rest of the day teaching at the range I changed a few of my plans. Shot the two qualification courses I needed myself, and then headed over to the rifle side with my personal M4 and spent the lunch hour doing zombie shots on a 10" steel plate at 200 yards. Not only was it nice to confirm what the rifle can do, it was very therapeutic to just let my mind go for a while & focus on something besides stupidity. Nice as well when I'm not the one who has to buy the ammo.

2 comments:

Daddy Hawk said...

What I wouldn't do for a little range time right now. I resorted to taking the pellet gun into the back yard for a few rounds earlier.

Jon said...

I put 600 rounds through my new 10/22 in the first week I owned it.

(Consequently, I can now put a hundred or so rounds through a 2 inch hole at 50 feet. Not exactly rocketscience but its the farthest distance I can shoot at the range til we put in some rifle tubes, and it still feels good)