“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Moments from another night...

- Heavy rain keeps people in. Dry weather keeps cops happy. Light, steady rain is the worst - the idiots are out, and we have to get soaked playing games with them...

- Yes, I really am going to give you a ticket for running the red light. I don't care that you're trying to get to the store before it closes - you aren't more special than anyone else.

- Ah, the joys of warmer weather - when having a police dog means regular baths or your vehicle stinks more than normal. Oh, guess I better wash the dog as well...

- Do you really expect us to believe that you aren't using when you have your son's prescription bottle half-used after one day, empty capsules, and are capable of self-levitation you're so high? Really?

- I had the most refreshing drunk in history - instead of the constant litany of "You ruined my life, you can't do this, just let me go," that we so often hear, this one was "I know I messed up, do what you have to do, I was an idiot." Honesty and self-realization are such a nice change.

Have a couple of bomb stories to post as well, just have to get to writing them.

1 comment:

Meadowlark said...

I know someone's 22 year old kid (old enough to know better) who didn't mention "dad" and went along with the whole thing politely. The only special treatment she asked was the chance to call him (after they recognized her) so he wouldn't be so embarrassed finding out at work.

Still doesn't keep a parent from just shaking their head :(