“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Giving thanks

I am thankful for a loving wife who has stuck with me through good times and bad, and who is my pillar of support and calmness when I need it.

I am thankful for my two incredible children, completely unexpected blessings who are brilliant, fun and growing wonders that I cherish every single day.

I am thankful for my health, for the doctors and medical care which enable me to continue to live and work when I could very easily be unable to.

I am thankful for a job I love, that lets me help people and challenge myself and in which I get to pass on my knowledge for others in the future.

I am thankful for those of you who read my ramblings, the comments you share and just having the outlet when I need it.

and I am thankful I live in a place where all of this is possible, where I have the freedoms to enjoy such privileges and rights.

May your day be filled with thanks as well.

1 comment:

Christina RN LMT said...

I'm very thankful, Sean. I woke up feeling sorry for myself, but I quickly counted my blessings and realized just how lucky I was and how much I have to be thankful for.

Hope you had a fantastic Thanksgiving.