“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Home again

Survived my week away, and home with my wonderful family. The kids were thrilled to see me, and my wife I know is happy for the assistance. Plus it was wonderful to cook a meal again and eat something healthy.

And in fairness to my last post - the bomb squad guys were just as amusing doing tactical entries during some of the events as the SWAT guys doing explosives. But everyone found a good common ground and got a lot out of the week.

Have a few stories to share when I get the chance, but for now I want to relax with my wife and then get a real night's sleep.

2 comments:

Meadowlark said...

Welcome home. Give that gal an extra hug. :)

Front Porch Society said...

Enjoy being home with the family! :)