“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Friday, October 9, 2009

Brief notes from a long week...

- Yet again it appears to be the season to cheat at the range... I've caught at least one person every time. WTF??? Apparently integrity and effort don't mean what they used to.

- Found out tonight that it looks like an online transaction somewhere recently got hijacked into some internet fraud. Right now it looks like I'm getting a "refund" from the company that made the charges - but I have more research to do and a report to file, and will mostly likely try to pursue some mail fraud charges. Plus this means my wife and I need to pull the credit reports and see if there is something we don't know about going on.

- Just when I'm almost caught up on things around the office from my last trip and vacation, I'm headed out of town again for a week. Much closer to home this time though, and I get to play with someone else's explosives, so it should be fun. Might even be able to swing some pictures this time.

- Poor Kyleigh seems to have picked up the flu I had before - just feeling a bit rough, but combine that with being two and she is quite unhappy when things don't go her way! Hopefully one more good night's sleep will help with that problem.

- Finally, although I've been trying to keep it quiet, apparently I'll be getting the Nobel prize for science sometime soon. Oh, I haven't actually DONE any research yet, but I have some nifty ideas for cybernetics in the future, and it's the thought that counts now...

1 comment:

Front Porch Society said...

hahahahaha!!!!! I am rolling in laughter over here in regard to your Nobel Science Prize! Wasn't that something?!? That man ain't done crap for country - especially in the 2 weeks he had been in office way back when they first picked him! *snort* The end of the world is coming!!

*end rant*

Hope your little one starts to feeling better soon! Never fun having sick kids.
And I am super jealous of you being able to play with someone else's explosives!!! Sounds like a blast!! lol. ;)

I understand what it is like dealing with credit/identity issues. My identity was stolen a few years ago and I had somebody trying to open up accounts in my name all over the Las Vegas area!! (which i have never been to) A police report and 3 credit reports later, I was crying at what I saw. Put a fraud alert on my account which did nothing so I ended up having to freeze my accounts. Not fun. So hang in there!!!! I know exactly what you are having to go thru!