“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Brief mid-east commentary

I've been trying to avoid the political stuff lately, but got some interesting reading sent to me this morning.

For those interested STRATFOR has always done competent analysis and put things in terms easy to understand - they have an excellent paper discussing the current risks regarding the Iranian nuclear program and Israeli options up here.

I pretty much have to agree with their conclusions that the nation-states are flying without a rudder & things have a lot of potential to go off the wire.


Oh, and the only shocking thing about the recent UN report discussing potential war crimes in the latest Gaza conflict is that they actually said the Palestinian side may have done bad stuff as well... That's a first coming out of there.

3 comments:

Fyremandoug said...

Now if we could get true #'s on the 9/12 march....

Captain Tightpants said...

Hold your breath for that to happen - it's coming right after the CNN expose on ACORN...

Front Porch Society said...

As far as I am concerned, the UN can piss-off.