Is anyone starting to get that whole "I'll still respect you in the morning, and I promise to pull out in time." feeling from the government besides me?
Anyways, as part of the cuts, the administration has decided that the funds for families of law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty needs to be cut in half as well. From $110 million to $60 million. Even with LEO deaths up across the board... Well, here's a little perspective on what the government felt was more important, from Blue Sheepdog:
What’s more important that the widows and orphans of police officers? Try these:
- $100 million for the Lead-Based Paint Hazard Control Grant Program
- $200 million to the Leaking Underground Storage Tank Trust Fund Program
- $900 million for the IRS for the “Limitation on Administrative Expenses”
- $600 million to pay for a fuel-efficient federal auto fleet
- $650 million for the Digital Converter Box Program to help the constantly delayed transition from analog television
- Up to $1 billion for “summer activities” for youths as old as 24
- $40 million for the occupational research agenda
- $2.4 billion for carbon-capture demonstrations
Nice to know some family will be able to see the story of the latest officer death on their new digital signal...