“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Sunday, May 10, 2009

More of the random...

- Worked a DUI special again last night, both for the overtime money & more importantly the chance to actually have a nice arrest again. Got lucky in that I managed to find one early enough in the night not to be stuck out later than I planned - although it was still 2am when I got home. And, for those who may be curious... when you are driving home drunk, with your pregnant wife and four young children in your car the odds of me "cutting you a break" are pretty freaking slim. Just glad I got him off the road before anyone got hurt.

- Then I proceeded to get up at 5am and head out to one of the local universities to help do a pre-event bomb screening... just happens to be the same school where I am taking classes. I mention this, because apparently my partner Helix is not pleased with current tuition rates or something, because this is the second time that he has chosen this site to leave a nice, big smelly surprise right in the middle of the auditorium... Yep - poop cleanup - one of the parts of the job they never mention in advance!

- Get to go in and diplomatically chew some higher-level butt tomorrow - there was a bit of an incident over the weekend where they should have called out my unit & it didn't happen. So I have to find a way to address that problem in hopes of avoiding such future drama. Other than that I have a full week of training and other work fun ahead, so hopefully a few stories will come out of it.

No comments: