“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Thursday, July 10, 2008

The ABC's of Me

Accent: I grew up travelling all over, so it is a mix of the West/Southwest usually – so not much of one. I tend to pick up a little of wherever I am at at the moment & so blend in more or less anywhere south or west – never did the New England or Upper Midwest stuff. LOL and overseas I have been able to mimic somewhat well at times too, which has confused people!

Breakfast or no breakfast: Normally no – even when on dayshift. The most will be like fruit & yogurt if I am having some.

Chore I don't care for: Hate cleaning the bathroom & sweeping/mopping floors – rest I can tolerate!

Dog or Cat: Both – an Akita and a normal psychotic housecat.

Essential Electronics: My computer, some source of music (iPod usually), cell phone & watch.

Favorite Cologne/Perfume: Don’t wear cologne often but RGX Body Spray a bit of – I hate people who soak in the stuff!

Gold or Silver: Silver

Handedness: Right – the only thing I can do well with my left hand is type, otherwise I’m almost a complete righty!

Insomnia: almost always – I usually get by on 5-6 hours of sleep; and it’s hard for me to sleep at night which is why I work mids.

Job Title: Police Officer, madman, daddy :D.

Kids: 2: Jacob just turned 3 and is way too smart and brilliant and fun; and Kyleigh who is almost nine months old and daddy’s little girl!

Living Arrangements: Modest, a four bedroom built in 1939 and which is slowly being brought into better condition.

Naughtiest Childhood Behavior: Letting my brother get in trouble for things I had done as a kid because I knew he would get tired of getting grounded before I would & confess. Of course, I got in trouble for plenty of his stuff so it balanced out!

Most Admirable Trait: I guess my intelligence and patience with most things.

Overnight hospital stays: Pneumonia when I was three, everything else was outpatient.

Phobias: No real phobias – fear of failure and of losing control I guess. Don’t like heights (which is why I climb), and can’t really think of any other major ones.

Quote: I don’t know – my friends will have to tell me one I say all the time!

Reason to smile: I am blessed with two children who think I am the most amazing person in the world, even when I am not home & up for them or their mother nearly as much as I should be.

Siblings: One younger brother.

Time I wake up: Depending on work schedule – if normal then about 5 or so in the afternoon; if off then usually around noon or so depending on when I get to bed.

Unusual Talent or Skill: Despite the complete lack of any other artistic ability I can paint miniatures and models and actually do a pretty darn good job of it, even though I haven’t had tons of time I’ve put towards it lately.

Vegetable I Refuse to Eat: Brussel sprouts. Turnips. Onions. Peppers. Squash family. Lots of others – I am a horribly picky eater & will cook with some for flavor but never eat the bad list!

Worst Habit: I tend to hold too much inside & think that I need to do everything myself.

X-rays: Lifetime? Let’s see – normal dental xrays; chest for broken ribs once; ankle when they thought I broke it; both hands & wrists because of tendon & arthritis issues.

Yummy Stuff: Meat! Fire up that grill! Sushi. Pizza. Beer. Good cooking. I’m simple lol.

Zoo Animal I Like Most: While not a fan of animals in captivity, I would say that wolves, big cats & raptors get my general attention if I have to go.

1 comment:

Donia said...

Vegetables you threaten to throw up onto sister-in-law's kitchen floor if she sneaks them onto your plate...