“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Saturday, August 10, 2024

I think we fought a revolution over crap like this?

So, there's a bit of a kerfluffle going on in Merry Olde England at the moment, over a numer of issues. Whatever. I'm in the camp of "the whole point of 1776 and after is for me not to care about the U.K.". Including the royal family, et al. But, apparently, one of the police commissioners on that side of the pond has opined that they may very well seek to charge, extradite, and convict Americans (and others) who make social media posts of which the powers-that-be do not approve. Hurumph. First off, you appear to have greatly overestimated your capabilities, good sir. Secondly, reference the above revolution, you may feel free to pack sand. Thirdly, as said in another moment, molon labe (bring it on, in the modern vernacular)...

1 comment:

Phelps said...

Haven't seen a single cop in Britain pushing back on these orders. How about that?