“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Beyond words

To say that I, and tens of thousands of other American servicemembers current and past, are incensed by the decision to commute former soldier Manning's sentence is an understatement.

If you have any doubt as to the level of disdain the current administration holds for the miltary, and the oaths we swear, this answers that question forever.

EDIT:

This addresses the issues involved in a more lucid way than I'm prepared to, for those who may have curiosity as to why so many are mad.


1 comment:

Mogrith said...

I wonder if this is contempt or a CYA to explain why he is issuing one for Hillary tonight.

But his comments on Snowden were can't pardon without a conviction. Tell it to Nixon