“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Saturday, May 21, 2016

A Digression

One of my hobbies is building model kits - and, frequently becoming over-involved with them and taking far too much time :D In general I work with modern aircraft or vehicles connected with SOF stuff from my experiences, but I do digress at times into a few classics that have a warm place in my heart.

Anyway, I've had some free time recently, I managed to finish a diorama off one of these digressions. The base was a Toyota Hilux truck - the Third World workhorse that a number of us wish they'd import, because the things run forever and carry more than the U.S. version Tacoma. I added on a bunch of aftermarket details, as well as scratch-built accessories.

The scene? Somewhat post-apocalyptic, but open to interpretation. Our "hero" in his truck, loaded with what things he has left. A broken-down road on the edge of somewhere. An old woman in the ruins of a house with her dog and a few grenades. I'll let you figure out what you think is best for the rest.

Pictures could have been better - I'm new at sharing these, so will work to improve if there's any interest. Or any questions on particulars for fellow model-geeks.

















2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Old NFO said...

That is very well done! :-)