“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Friday, December 26, 2014

I have been remiss...

In that I've neglected not only some of my reading, but a well-deserved recommendation.

For quite a bit now DaddyBear has thrown up bits from his "Tales of the Minivandians" upon his blog. In a nutshell (for the two of you who may not have already read them), they involve adapting the life of a modern man into a Robert E Howard type vignette short story. Entertaining, well done, and just generally posts I always loved reading when they came up.

Anyway, back in November he published it as both an ebook and a paperback, with some added material beyond what he'd done on the blog. Now, I dutifully picked it up as part of supporting a fellow blogger, but it had simply sat in my "to be read" pile in the Kindle app, along with the 100 other things waiting for the right time.

What with some holiday time off, and not sure what to read, I figured I'd go ahead and enjoy the book. And enjoy it I did. The original material was just as enjoyable as ever, and DaddyBear did a nice twist in the second half of the book taking things down a more "traditional" fantasy route while not losing the root of the tale. Quite simply it was a great read for smiles and entertainment, and I am sorry I left it waiting that long.

So, as part one, I apologize DaddyBear - I should have read this much sooner and promise to do so right away with the sequel you've already promised.

Part two, if you haven't already please pick it up on Kindle or hard copy - it's worth a read indeed.




2 comments:

Old NFO said...

I was happy to be an alpha reader, and it's a FUN read!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry for not saying this sooner, but thanks!