“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Bit more

To expand somewhat on the issues going on (within the limits of what I can say):

- My attorney managed to get disbarred last week, and it turns out didn't file some critical paperwork, resulting in the stillbirth of my defamation lawsuit ... From talk about the department I am not the only person affected by similar issues. Right now it's a bit up in the air as to any recourse I have, which needless to say has me frustrated.

- Due to the incompetence of some of our staff members my unit is going to loose out on a very sizable chunk of needed equipment, because the paperwork (which they have had for over 18 months) has not been processed on their end in a timely manner.

You can see why I'm a bit frustrated with folks.

4 comments:

Daddy Hawk said...

I'm not real sure about the laws in your state; however, generally speaking, you should have a legal malpractice claim against your now disbarred attorney. Your damages in the legal malpractice case would be the damages, if any, you would have been entitled to in your defamation case. Your state's bar association should be able to help you find a competent attorney willing to look into that. Your attorney should also have had legal malpractice or errors & omissions insurance to cover him for this possibility. Of course, this assumes he paid his insurance premiums timely when he could not file pleadings timely. Also, depending on the statute of limitations in your state, your defamation claim may still be viable. Check with another attorney ASAP.

Josh Kruschke said...

Oh, the last post had nothing to do with running into the run of the mill POS on the street. Makes more since now. To me it's more frustrating when it's caused by internal incomptance.
:-(

Momma Fargo said...

Oy. Sounds like a mess. Good luck getting things in order.

Captain Tightpants said...

K - we are looking at the malpractice claim & bar thing now, just going to be a slow process. Unfortunately the paperwork missed the statute of limitations, which is the issue...

Joshkie - that is definitely the frustrating part. I understand encountering the drunks & idiots & such on calls; it's when the people I work with are being stupid I get extra annoyed.

Momma Fargo - thanks, I just have to be patient and work on perspective.