“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Wednesday I guess

The days kind of run together sometimes...

Anyway - ended up meeting with some peers from a west coast agency who were out here teaching a class, had a chance to catch up on some stuff, swap a few stories & pick up some free pubs for the library. Unfortunately I didn't get to stay and blow anything up, but such is life.

The boy is sick tonight - I knew he was bad when at dinner he laid his head in my lap to rest and then just wanted to snuggle & go straight to bed. And nothing will bring parents to alertness faster than the sound of a child vomiting in the back seat.

So, fortunately I'm off tomorrow, which means I can stay home with the little man & help him get to feeling better.

2 comments:

suz said...

...and clean the car...

Daddy Hawk said...

Nothing makes a little boy feel better than getting to blow something up.