“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Small world

Ended up going in for a bit of unplanned work today - had another agency doing some training in town & we were asked if we had an interest in collaborating on some explosive breaching training. While it was an unplanned way to spend my day off, it was nice to do some stuff in an environment we don't often get to practice in.

The laugh came about twenty minutes into things, when I ended up talking with their head breacher - a German immigrant who spent some time working in a unit that I had trained with during my military time. After a few minutes of talking and swapping secret handshakes, code ring passwords and all that junk we ended up spending the next hour enjoying stories of mutual acquaintances and sharing tradecraft. It ended up being a nice change of pace, and let my wife & coworkers have a giggle at my ability to run into people from the various communities I've been lucky enough to associate with.

Enjoying tomorrow off with the family but I have a longer post percolating...

No comments: