“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Monday, October 13, 2008

Some days off

Worked the last two nights back on the road. Both ended up being rather busy - nothing majorly dramatic, but apparently it was the weekend to drink, act stupid, argue with your significant other, etc. So it kept me from getting any schoolwork done, much less anything else.

Did manage to get a couple of easy DUI's out of everything. Saturday was someone who was at home arguing with her boyfriend & decided that going outside to slam her car into his was the way to show him... didn't work out quite so well for her, but at least she didn't give me any problems.

This morning I was SUPPOSED to be coming home early (the new meds are still doing a bit of a number on my stomach, and after the past week I was done) when a guy driving a bit fast in front of me & weaving managed to grab my attention. One of those that I KNEW was going to be a drunk even before I stopped him, but let's see what happens anyways.

Yes, he was - another of the "nice and friendly" ones at least. Every defense attorney's nightmare too. I was starting all of the tests out when he asks me "Wait, is this to see if I've had too much to drink?" Well, yes sir, that's exactly what this is for. "I've had way too much to drink."

Thank you sir. That's the kind of statement that pretty much makes the rest of what you say superfulous. Of course, still have to go through the rest of the process and do a full file on it (which is why I win more of these cases than lose them - that whole attention to detail thing), but with a statement like that you are pretty much hosed in court.

Now I get a few days off with no work obligations. I have a chunk of things I would like to get done around the house, schoolwork desperately in need of catching up, and rumor has it there is a family somewhere in the building that I would like to see. Plus I'll be just thrilled if the new meds level off & I quit feeling sick every meal - if this is the fun of morning sickness I'm glad my gender got a pass!

A few post ideas percolating as well, and perhaps I'll have time for one or two of them. But, that's a summary of things for now.

1 comment:

Dori said...

Ah...when you blow chunks and green beans come out your nose and something undefinable that may have been lunch in the 5th grade, then you may compare said ickyness to morning sickness--a misnomer if ever there was one!

And it must be the meds--I haven't cooked lately.

And your family has missed you as well.