“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Friday, September 5, 2008

Endearing traits

So yesterday after running a few errands we picked up a pizza on the way home, and I told Jacob (with mommy's permission) that we could have a special dinner & eat in the living room and watch a movie. Then, when discussing the choices of movies he picked Star Wars - The Phantom Menace (I'm already turning the poor boy into a geek!).

While we're waiting for the disk to load I hum a few bars of The Imperial March with him - he already has that identified as the "Star Wars music daddy!" so it sets the mood as he joins along.

Incidentally, if you don't find this piece as one of John William's greatest bits of work, you can go ahead and click out of my blog now!

Anyways...

Since that point - he has been marching about the house at random times still humming his own little Imperial March as he does so. And it's so stunningly cute and I love it.

Just sharing a random moment of life.

2 comments:

Dori said...

"Endearing" Sure, that's one word for it. Except when he's also brandishing his light saber, fending off intrusive green tyrannosaurus rexi. Pesky things just won't stay extinct in this house!

Home on the Range said...

I could just picture that. And it brought a big smile. Thanks.