“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”


"This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people . . . better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." ~ Captain Malcom Reynolds

Friday, December 28, 2007

Update, as it were...

This is intended more for some of the MySpace friends, but will add here as well...

I'm enjoying the break from school between semesters. While I am glad I got a big chunk out of the way last time, a full-time schedule along with work and family just beat me down way too much, mentally and emotionally. I am proud that I pulled good grades out of it as well though. Anyway, next term it's only two classes, so I'll have a bit more time for some of my other interests!

The holidays went well enough this year. Had my mother in for a visit, which is always interesting (in all senses of the word), but we managed with only one bit of major drama. I worked for a chunk of it as well, which made it easier on me even if it left my wife to handle the brunt of things (unfortunately). But we did all get some good family time, which will be good down the road and minimize resentment.

Some potentially interesting developments at work I expect in the next few weeks, so look forward to that post... I've also made some very nice arrests just continuing my normal patterns - some good DUI's, plus a couple of other nice things that will send bad guys to jail. Had a fun call today, with a defense attorney trying to play some games from an arrest, and was able to shut them down right away - always a good feeling to be ahead of the game.

Both of the children are doing great. Jacob is just far too incredibly smart for his own good, and seems to know it! He's still doing great with his little sister as well - now if I can just get him to ease up on a few other areas! Kyleigh is growing already - hard to believe but dang! She's sleeping well, eating fine and healthy and happy, so all my prayers are answered...

Managed a date night out tonight - hard to believe but true! Went and saw "National Treasure Book of Secrets" - not as good as the first one, but still entertaining and a great family movie. Heck, I just enjoyed seeing something that didn't have silly songs attached to cartoon characters - living with a two year old has been affecting me!

So that's the VERY brief summary of things... I'll expand on a topic tomorrow & work from there.

No comments: